Sunday 1 January 2012

2012 Here We Come

So I decided it was time for a new start so hence a new blog, with a new positive attitude in the hope that maybe, just maybe, we could have a good year this year.  Me and hubby were talking and, to be honest, we could only think of one high point for us this year, and that was Wren winning into Grade 5 - that's really quite sad, even if agility is a huge part of my life.  Without a doubt 2011 was a struggle both financially, emotionally and mentally so here's to pushing forward for a better 2012. 

So onwards and upwards:

Christmas, well sort of passed us by.  Saw my dad and his wife on Christmas Eve and had a quiet Christmas Day.  Got my kindle that I have been banging on about for months.  I love reading and read most paperbacks in about a week. I read pretty much anything, although I do find comedy stuff hard going.  If anyone has any recommendations let me know.  Boxing Day was with the in laws where the drink was flowing (as always) and we had a laugh.  Sister-in-law got us really badly by giving us a fake lottery ticket where we had won £50,000!

The van decided it was going to be ill just before Christmas, so more expense that I couldn't really afford.  Two new track rod ends, one which was really bad but the van is back and driving nicely.  Unfortunately, it does mean that the dogs missed out on the lovely walks we had planned so had to stick to walks near home instead.  

Got vouchers for Christmas for Mountain Warehouse and the like so had a shopping trip yesterday and ended up with two new fleeces, new waterproof jacket for agility and some stuff for the camper ready for the new season. 

So onto agility plans for 2012:


My show diary is already planned.  This year I have picked only those shows that I enjoy immensely rather than just doing a show because its on, which in turn will mean more time that I can spend with my hubby - time will tell whether he will appreciate it or not :-)


Kai will no longer be doing agility courses and will just be sticking to jumping this year.  He is 9 in February and with this mind I don't want him to have the pressure of the A-Frame on his joints plus at the end of the day he does't really have any contacts to speak of anyway LOL


JC will continue to do anysize as he started at the end of last season.  He was having a ball and as long as he continues to do that with a grin on his face I am happy.  


As for Wren, we have workshops planned over the next couple of months to build on what we had achieved last season, so better contacts, better communication on the course and better handling from me.  If we can carry on with all of this then I am hoping we may start to see more consistency as we lost so many clears with just one pole which were normally on turns due to my lack of communication.  


So goals for this year, well more consistency which should lead onto more clears, going clear in a qualifier would be nice but we shall see, but most importantly just enjoying myself with my dogs and my friends.   

3 comments: