Saturday 7 January 2012

and so the training begins

So after 6 weeks break from agility it was back to training this week and what fun was had.  About a week ago I had done a small training session with Wren just working on some gridwork etc on small and then up to medium height to ease her back in.  


Today I travelled up to Bristol and the sun was shining, a lovely little venue and training with a lot of people I knew from agility.  For nearly all of us I think it was the first session back.  Working on positioning, cueing turns and driving forward but the main aim of the day was working on how the dog moved around the course and thinking about that when walking courses rather than what we are doing.  Very interesting and lots to think about. 


Without a doubt we have made more progress, my positioning is better and technique has improved but there is still plenty to work on to take us forward this season but the future is looking bright.  


And just a little thing, after losing a stone and a half last year I had managed to put back on about half of it over the winter so I am back to wanting to lose about a stone and three pounds to get me back to where I want to be.  This was the first week and I have lost three pounds so very happy with that. 


Tried the dogs with pigs trotters tonight, the boys loved them and kept them busy for over an hour so a definite hit.  Wren?  ummmmm not impressed at all so she ended up with a turkey back instead.  Ah well you live and learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment